This is a little list of places to go in the Woodlawn/Deco District of San Antonio.
- Jacala’s Mexican Restaurant – www.jacala.com
- Rita’s Fiesta Cafe on Bandera Rd. There’s also a great panderia next to it.
- Fina’s Kitchen on Hildebrand and Blanco – Their Caldo de Pollo is awesome!
- Deco Pizza – This place has huge potential, but is hit or miss.
- Woodlawn Theater!!
- Babios on Hildebrand for drinks and dancing, and an occasional drag show.
- Bob’s Burgers on Hildebrand near San Pedro for great burgers, beer, and live music.
- Fiesta Produce on West Ave
- La Fogata on Vance Jackson for great margaritas and good food
- El Rafas on Hildebrand for some good Tex Mex enchiladas
- Rios on Fred Rd. for barbacoa on the weekends
Places a little farther out, but still close.
- Taps Y Tapas www.tapsytapas.com -Flores/ 5 points 1st Wed block party is a must!
- The Cove www.thecove.us (Hipsters and Families. The 3rd Thursday wine tasting and 4th Thurs beer tasting are always fun)- Cypress & San Pedro
- Alamo Bike shop on Flores next to Taps
- The Annex – good drinks and fun people
- Main Street Pizza on Main by SAC Always damn good pizza!!
- El Siete Mares for some excellent drinks and great seafood. The best ceviche in town! Across from Our Lady of the Lake university on Commerce.
- AA drive in on Commerce Saturdays for .99 hand made burgers